Aged Care System Navigator initiative
8th March 2019
On February 25, 2019, the Australian Government announced the launch of a new network of aged care navigator centres as part of a $7.4 million national trial being rolled out.
This trial consists of a network of aged care navigator centres, information hubs and specialist advisors to provide face-to-face assistance, aimed at streamlining aged care access, for older Australians and their families across Australia.
COTA Australia have partnered with 30 other organisations to pilot and evaluate 62 different Navigator activities across the country and will report back to the Department of Health on the most effective ways to share information with vulnerable older people.
These services are particularly aimed at helping people who:
- Live in rural or remote areas
- Are unlikely to seek aged care support without assistance from others
- Have a diverse cultural background
- Identify as gender diverse
- Have limited access to internet or other technologies
- Are vulnerable, isolated, homeless, disadvantaged or impaired
- Have dementia or mental health problems
For more information, visit the COTA website HERE
For a list of locations click HERE