New health screening process at Macedon Ranges Health
24th March 2020
We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID 19) situation and following the advice from the Australian Department of Health and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. We are doing all we can to reduce the risk for the people in our community.
Macedon Ranges Health (located at 5 Neal Street, Gisborne) continues to provide your essential health care services.
To maintain the health and safety of all, all visitors attending the Macedon Ranges Health centre are obliged to undertake health and symptom screening prior to entering the building.
If you have booked an appointment through Macedon Ranges Health, you will receive a text message from us 24 hours prior. This message will ask you not to attend if you are experiencing symptoms. You may reschedule once you have been 3 days symptom-free. We have also set up a range of alternatives, including telehealth or video health.
When you arrive at the centre, you will be asked a series of questions. You may also have your temperature checked.
- If you disclose information that deems you a COVID-19 risk, you won't be able to enter and will be told to present to a hospital screening site.
- If you disclose information that you have a cough, cold, or any respiratory symptom, but are not a COVID risk (no overseas trip or no exposure to a person with COVID-19) you will not be able to enter and will be asked to make an appointment with the GP on the ground floor at the respiratory clinic or to contact your own GP.
- If the above does not apply to you, you'll be able to enter the building, after signing a disclaimer.
Macedon Ranges Health have implemented the below additional measures to ensure the health and safety of all:
- Macedon Ranges Health clinicians and staff must also be 3 days symptom-free prior to accessing the building
- To reduce the risk to all our clients and staff, we ask that all payments made at the counter be made by EFTPOS instead of cash where possible
- All entry points are now closed except for the main entrance. Please enter Macedon Ranges Health via the Lyall Street entrance.
If you would like further information or unsure about your eligibility please phone 5428 0300