Is private home care the right choice for you?
10th September 2019
Sometimes waiting for or applying for government-funded home care is not the most suitable option for you. There are many perks of privately funding your home care including reduced waiting times and less paperwork.
When might privately funding home care be a good option for you?
Privately funding all or some of your home care services could be the right choice for you if:
- You've had an unexpected hospital visit and require assistance in maintaining your independence once you are discharged home
- You've had a fall and require some assistance at home
- You need some short-term care whilst your usual caregiver takes a break or goes on holiday
- Your income assessment with Department of Human Services indicates you'll need to make extensive contributions to your Home Care Package
- You don't meet the eligibility requirements for Government funding
- You are on the waitlist for a Home Care Package but require assistance at home now
- Your Home Care Package doesn't cover the amount or quantity of home care services you require
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits of private home care but some include:
Reduced wait times: At Benetas we don't let the red tape slow us down. In fact if you choose to privately fund your home care services, we're often able to start providing home care within 3-5 business days.
No assessment: Unlike Government-funded home care, you will not be obliged to go through an assessment with My Aged Care. Instead, you just need to meet with your home care provider (either face-to-face or over the phone) to discuss your goals and plan out your services.
Less paperwork: You'll have less paperwork to sign!
Short term, long term or one-off - it's your choice: If you only need temporary assistance or even one-off help, privately funding could be the best option for you.