Your diet and nutritional health is still a priority
13th August 2020
While we are all at home isolating – playing our part!– it’s important not to forget about our physical and mental health.
Looking after your diet and nutritional health is just as important as ever, and despite the restrictions we are experiencing, you don't need to do it alone. The dietitians at Macedon Ranges Health are here to help with any of your nutrition, meal preparation, diet or healthy eating questions.
Our mission is to support you to implement and maintain healthy eating habits that will be of life-long benefit to yourself and your family. Whether that be some simple tips on cooking healthy child-friendly meals, or specific advice to help your manage your cholesterol or allergies, we are here to help.
We can support you with:
- Body image
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Elderly nutrition
- Weight management
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Sports nutrition
- & much more
The benefits of using Macedon Ranges Health Dietitians
- Our Dietitians are Accredited and are registered with the Dietitians Association of Australia
- Dietitian services are covered by many private health funds and are also accessible through My Aged Care and NDIS care packages - contact your provider to find out more
- Our Dietitians are flexible and can see you at Macedon Ranges Health, your home or via telehealth
- All care is individually tailored to your needs and is provided according to evidence-based research
You don’t need a doctor’s referral to access the Macedon Ranges Health Dietitians
- Call 5428 0300 and ask to speak to the Intake team, who will be able to arrange an appointment
- Many private health funds cover visits to a dietitian – check with your fund to find out
- Those on a low income can access a dietitian for as little as $11
In the meantime, how about trying an online cooking group – a fun way to learn some new skills in the comfort of your home. These are just two that we have come across:
Dialogue over Dinner (booking closes 4pm Sunday 16th August)