Creamy Rice Pudding
6th December 2019
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cup enriched milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup raisins/sultanas
- Nutmeg or cinnamon
- Extra 1 cup cream
- Combine rice, water and salt in saucepan and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, milk and cream and bring to a slow simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir through last cup of cream and raisins/sultanas.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Tip: For a truly decadent baked rice pudding, after step 3 allow mixture to cool. Then whisk 3 egg yolks with another cup of cream and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Combine with cooled rice and add raisins/sultanas. Transfer to baking dish and bake at 180°C uncovered until set at the edges (about 25 minutes). Sprinkle with nutmeg/cinnamon.
Per serve: 2700kJ, 7g protein