Pumpkin & Bacon Soup
6th December 2019
- 100g bacon pieces, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon and onion in a saucepan for two minutes. Add pumpkin and stock.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree with blender or in food processor until smooth.
- Add cheese and milk (use extra milk/stock to achieve desired consistency).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Per serve: 1400kJ, 23g protein
Tip: Try replacing pumpkin with sweet potato for another flavour variation.