Extra Creamy Porridge
6th December 2019
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup of enriched milk (or 1⁄2 cup milk & 1⁄4 cup pouring cream)
- 1 tablespoon honey, golden syrup or maple syrup
- Add oats and milk to pot and stir over a medium heat until cooked (5 to 8 minutes)
- Sweeten to taste with syrup
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 11⁄2 minutes, stir, and microwave for a further 1 minute.
- Sweeten to taste with syrup.
1400-2000kJ, 9-12g protein
Top with fresh or tinned fruit for extra fibre.
Using the cream and milk powder can boost this breakfast to 2100kJ and up to 22g of protein.