Penne Alfredo with Salmon
5th December 2019
- 500 skin free salmon fillet or 425g can of salmon
- 1 tbls vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 cups enriched milk (hot)
- 3/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups penne pasta
- Cook pasta in a large pot
- Cook salmon fillet in pan. Flake cooked (or canned) salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt margarine or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add hot milk, stirring constantly. Cook an additional 8 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cheese; stir until cheese melts. Pour over pasta and toss well. Top with salmon, sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
Per serve: 2000kJ, 28g protein