5th December 2019
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pouring cream
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 slices thick toast (or raisin loaf) day old is best!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk together eggs, cream, sugar, and salt until blended
- Pour into a large bowl or pan and soak bread slices in 1 layer for a couple of minutes then flip to soak other side
- Heat butter in a frying pan over moderately high heat until it becomes foamy
- Carefully transfer 2 soaked bread slices to frying pan and cook until golden brown
- Serve with maple syrup, and fresh or tinned fruit
- To make a savoury version replace the sugar with a pinch of salt and pepper, and serve with cream cheese and finely diced tomato and onion.