Easy Chocolate Mousse
6th December 2019
- 250g dark cooking chocolate
- 600mL carton thick custard
- 600mL thickened cream
- Place chocolate and custard in microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second time periods on medium power, stirring the mixture well in between heating, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric beater to whip cream in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add cream to chocolate mixture and gently mix until just combined – be careful to mix slowly and gently to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Can be spooned into individual cups for serving, or kept in air tight container for up to 3 days.
Tip: You can use milk chocolate or white chocolate to vary this recipe! Try freezing the left over mousse if you can’t manage it within 3 days – it makes a lovely semi freddo (ice cream).
Per serve: 2100kJ, 6g protein