Chicken Noodle Soup
5th December 2019
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1tbls of dried onion flakes or powder)
- 1 medium carrot, diced and 1 large stick celery, thinly sliced or grated,
- 250g chopped frozen vegetables
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- cups (1.5 litres) Stock Chicken stock
- 300g cooked BBQ chicken meat, chopped
- 2 packets of 2 minute noodles
- 2 tbls fresh chopped flat leaf parsley leaves or 1tbls dried parsley
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add carrot, celery (or frozen vegetables) and potato and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and noodles, partially cover and cook for 2-4 minutes
- Stir through parsley. Season to taste.
Per serve: 1200kJ, 21g protein