5th December 2019
- Protein: 600g beef, diced (or 600g of your preferred source of protein such as lamb, pork, or chicken)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 teaspoon from jar)
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots (or other vegetable
- 100g diced bacon pieces
- 400g tin tomato
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion, garlic, meat, cook until brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients, simmer uncovered for 1–2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potato or sweet potato.
Per serve: 1100kJ, 31g protein
Tip: Add a tin of kidney beans to increase the protein and fibre