6th December 2019
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 100g chilled butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 800g can baker's apple slices
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a bowl.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon the apple into a large ovenproof dish. Scatter the walnut mixture evenly over the apples. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Spoon the apple crumble into serving bowls. Serve with ice-cream.
Per serve: 3000kJ, 10g protein