Your browser is not supported by our website. Please be aware that your experience may not be ideal. We suggest you upgrade to Google Chrome, or alternatively call 1300 23 63 82 and we’ll be happy to support you over the phone.
Gisborne and Macedon Ranges
Our dedicated and passionate volunteers are an integral part of MRH. We couldn’t survive without their generous support.
Are you interested in Volunteering?
At Macedon Ranges Health we have an extensive Volunteer Program that runs across a variety of Macedon Ranges Health initiatives. Currently, we have around 150 volunteers who regularly give up their time to assist staff.
We welcome individuals who would like to make a change in their lives and the lives of others to volunteer with us.
Volunteer with Us
- 1 Volunteer needed- Warm Water Class- Wednesdays 12.30-1.15
- 1 Volunteer needed- Strength Class – 9-10am Fridays then from Feb 2020- 9.30-10.30
- 1 Volunteer needed- Better Mobility- Tuesdays 10-11.40am
Lifestyle Enhancement Program (LEP)- Community
- 1 Volunteer needed- Saturday fortnightly from 9.30-4pm. Duties include- assisting participants get on and off the bus, going out for the day on the bus with the group, stimulating conversations and assisting the worker on the activity.
Lifestyle Enhancement Program - Residential- Gisborne Oaks
- 1 volunteer required- Assist another volunteer with Craft Group every 3rd Thursday of the month from 1.30-2.30pm
- 1 Volunteer needed- Assist staff with Art Group every Monday from 1-3pm. No specific skills required
- 1 Volunteer needed- Assist staff with Reminiscence Group every Tuesday from 10am-12noon
- 1-4 Volunteers needed- Walking Group. No set day. Activity can include walking to the IGA Mall with a resident or walking to the park with a resident. Can be done in small groups or one on one.
Op Shop on Hamilton
- 1-2 volunteers required on Mondays (particularly in the mornings to sort through new donations)
- 3 Volunteers required 2xyearly (June & November) to assist with Op Shop Experience at the Oaks. This requires organising with the Op Shop Manager what stock to take to the Oaks, Transporting stock across to the Oaks Nursing Home and back to Op Shop at the end, Setting up, assisting residents in buying, handling money etc. Around 5 hours every 6 months.
NDIS Cooking Class
- 1 Volunteers needed- Assisting MRH Dietitian in running a 6 week Cooking Group. Tuesdays, from 12-4 at MRH kitchen on Level 2.
Community Home Visiting
- We are looking for volunteers to visit people in their own homes for 1 hour each week to reduce social isolation. Visit determined by each volunteer and mutually agreed time with the client.
Please contact Bernice Mathers at MRH on 5428 0300 if you are interested in volunteering
Vanessa Bourke has been volunteering with Macedon Ranges Health for 2 years, and is just one example of the type of committed individuals that, week in and week out, assist our organisation in providing a quality service to our residents at Gisborne Oaks.
Vanessa provides a positive social outing to our residents at the Weekly Coffee group held at Kozy Korner Café, as well as running a monthly craft group for residents.