Your browser is not supported by our website. Please be aware that your experience may not be ideal. We suggest you upgrade to Google Chrome, or alternatively call 1300 23 63 82 and we’ll be happy to support you over the phone.
In Home Service Assistant / Personal Support Worker
What you'll be doing;
As a Benetas In Home Service Assistant / Personal Support Worker (Homecare) you will support our clients to live their best lives independently and safely within their own home and community. This includes:
- Helping clients with domestic activities such as cleaning, shopping, laundry, meal preparation and more
- Accompanying clients on outdoor activities such as going for a gentle stroll, gardening or going for a coffee or lunch
- Assisting clients with transport to appointments, social engagements and other outings
- Supporting clients with their personal care needs e.g. showering and dressing.
So we can ensure your success, you will need;
- A certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent
- A passion for working with older people in delivering person centered care
- A full driver’s licence & reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- A valid police check or willingness to obtain one and a right to work in Australia
- Current First Aid and CPR certification (or in process of obtaining certification).
- Current flu vaccination.
Benetas can offer you
Join our talent pool.
Make a difference. Benetas Homecare. What we do matters.
In-Home Service Assistant (Community Health and Care)
His favourite part of the job is going on outings with his clients, it helps to get them out of the house and continue to be part of the community. He also supports group outings for the region. Wallie prefers Home Care as he is ‘not a 9-5 guy’ and prefers the familiarity that comes with one on one care.
Click to read more
Where are we hiring?
Benetas offers home care services to clients across much of Victoria. We are always looking for new carers to help us support our older clients in both metropolitan and regional areas.
What we do matters
Benetas is one of Australia's leading not-for-profit aged care providers, with a mission to provider older Victorians, their families and carers with a full range of quality community-based services and residential homes and apartments.
Our people are at the heart of who we are and what we do. That’s why at Benetas, all career paths lead to the same outcome; improving the lives of those in our care.
You’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that is guided by our values of respect, responsibility, community and spirit. You will also be offered development opportunities that give you the chance to innovate, collaborate and demonstrate your passion for caring and professional excellence.
Visa Updates to Support Aged Care Workforce
The Department of Home Affairs has indicated they are continuing to support the aged care sector and its employees by:
- Extending the relaxation of the 40 hour per fortnight work restriction for international student visa holders to all those working in aged care as at 8 September (via flexible application of policy). Please refer to the Home Affairs website for details
- Allowing temporary visa holders (eg: visitor visa holders) with relevant skills to apply for a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa to allow work in the aged care sector if they have an offer of employment (via legislative instrument change to commence 8 September 2020). Please refer to the legislative instrument registered with the Federal Register of Legislation (F2020L01145) and the Home Affairs website, Aged Care, Industry and employers section for details.
If you are an International student or temporary visa holder, we can support you based on the above clauses. Apply here.