Your browser is not supported by our website. Please be aware that your experience may not be ideal. We suggest you upgrade to Google Chrome, or alternatively call 1300 23 63 82 and we’ll be happy to support you over the phone.
Enrich the lives of older Victorians
Are you looking for a fulfilling career where you can make a difference? Help our clients live independently in their own home and community for as long as possible. We have an immediate need for In Home Service Assistants across Victoria.Apply now
Benetas can offer you
About the role
What you'll be doing
As a Benetas In Home Service Assistant, you will work one-one-one with clients in their own home and community– providing them with much appreciated support and companionship. This includes:
- Supporting clients to maintain or develop independent living practices
- Helping clients with domestic activities such as cleaning, shopping, laundry, meal preparation and more
- Accompanying clients on outdoor activities such as going for a gentle stroll, gardening or going for a coffee or lunch
- Assisting clients with transport to appointments, social engagements and other outings
- Supporting clients to move around the home, get dressed or shower
Whilst working independently with clients, you’ll also have regular contact with your local team and ongoing support from a group of dedicated and caring clinicians with a shared passion for supporting older people.
Who you are:
- You live the Benetas values of respect, community, spirit and responsibility
- You are friendly, positive, empathetic and naturally able to build relationships based on dignity and respect
- You are honest, helpful and dependable
- You are able to work autonomously and part of a team
- You have the ability to work effectively with older people and have an understanding of the ageing process and related conditions and disabilities
- You have a demonstrated knowledge of hygiene, cleaning, cooking and safe food handling
- You have the ability to work with clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- You have high personal and professional ethics
Licences, experience and education
- You have a certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent (desirable but not required)
- You have previous customer experience
- You have a full driver’s licence & reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- You have a valid police check or willingness to obtain one and a right to work in Australia
Where are we hiring?
Benetas offers home care services to clients across much of Victoria. We are always looking for new carers to help us support our older clients in both metropolitan and regional areas.
Why work at Benetas?
Benetas is one of Australia's leading not-for-profit aged care providers, with a mission to provider older Victorians, their families and carers with a full range of quality community-based services and residential homes and apartments.
Our people are at the heart of who we are and what we do. That’s why at Benetas, all career paths lead to the same outcome; improving the lives of those in our care.
You’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that is guided by our values of respect, responsibility, community and spirit. You will also be offered development opportunities that give you the chance to innovate, collaborate and demonstrate your passion for caring and professional excellence.
Visa Updates to Support Aged Care Workforce
The Department of Home Affairs has indicated they are continuing to support the aged care sector and its employees by:
- Extending the relaxation of the 40 hour per fortnight work restriction for international student visa holders to all those working in aged care as at 8 September (via flexible application of policy). Please refer to the Home Affairs website for details
- Allowing temporary visa holders (eg: visitor visa holders) with relevant skills to apply for a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa to allow work in the aged care sector if they have an offer of employment (via legislative instrument change to commence 8 September 2020). Please refer to the legislative instrument registered with the Federal Register of Legislation (F2020L01145) and the Home Affairs website, Aged Care, Industry and employers section for details.
If you are an International student or temporary visa holder, we can support you based on the above clauses. Apply here.
Let us know your interested
If you can't find the right job application, but still want to let us know you're interested- fill in the below form and we will be in touch.