Your browser is not supported by our website. Please be aware that your experience may not be ideal. We suggest you upgrade to Google Chrome, or alternatively call 1300 23 63 82 and we’ll be happy to support you over the phone.
We are growing and recruiting across Victoria.
You matter to our clients and residents, their families and loved ones, our community, your colleagues and to Benetas. Join us and make a difference.Learn More
Becoming a Benetas Carer
As a Residential Personal Care Worker, you'll be:
- Delivering client-centred care including personal care, simple cleaning, linen service and food preparation
- Observing, documenting and reporting changes in resident wellbeing and care environment
- Confidently using technology to input, read and extract resident information
- Assisting with medication safely within designated scope
As a Home Care Personal Care Worker, your duties will include the above, plus:
- Helping clients with domestic activities such as cleaning, shopping, laundry, and meal preparation
- Accompanying clients on outdoor activities such as going for a gentle stroll, gardening or going for a coffee
- Assisting clients with transport to appointments, social engagements and other outings
So we can ensure your success, you will need;
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Care, Ageing Support, Home and Community Care or equivalent
- Previous aged care or community care experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A natural ability to build relationships that make a difference and demonstrate client-focused behaviour
- The willingness to learn, develop and take on new challenges
- Endorsed to administer medication (desirable)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or in process of obtaining certification (required for Home Care)
- A full driver’s licence and reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance (required for Home Care)
- Current flu vaccination
Rewards and Benefits
What we do matters
Benetas is one of Australia's leading not-for-profit aged care providers, with a mission to provider older Victorians, their families and carers with a full range of quality community-based services and residential homes and apartments.
Our people are at the heart of who we are and what we do. That’s why at Benetas, all career paths lead to the same outcome; improving the lives of those in our care.
You’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that is guided by our values of respect, responsibility, community and spirit. You will also be offered development opportunities that give you the chance to innovate, collaborate and demonstrate your passion for caring and professional excellence.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Visa Updates to Support Aged Care Workforce
The Department of Home Affairs has indicated they are continuing to support the aged care sector and its employees by:
- Extending the relaxation of the 40 hour per fortnight work restriction for international student visa holders to all those working in aged care as at 8 September (via flexible application of policy). Please refer to the Home Affairs website for details
- Allowing temporary visa holders (eg: visitor visa holders) with relevant skills to apply for a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa to allow work in the aged care sector if they have an offer of employment (via legislative instrument change to commence 8 September 2020). Please refer to the legislative instrument registered with the Federal Register of Legislation (F2020L01145) and the Home Affairs website, Aged Care, Industry and employers section for details.
If you are an International student or temporary visa holder, we can support you based on the above clauses.